Everything changes – In this poem Edward Caruso considers the importance of speaking up.
Trauma counsellor and writer Dinesha Perera evokes the human toll of detention in her short story ‘Another Hour Passes’.
At the Ubud Writers and Readers Festival, Sam Flynn spoke to those who write from the margins, despite the real and violent repercussions they face for doing so.
Sanam Sharma considers the effect of everyday racism on the next generation.
Anne Manne examines the culture within the Catholic Church that allowed the ongoing sexual abuse of children.
“Back in those days, they were entitled to think of paedophilia as simply a sin you could repent of.”
Cardinal George Pell
- Art & Prisons in Queensland
- Private prisons in Australia: our 20 year trial
- Things and their makers: from ‘European labour only’ to ‘ethical consumerism’
- Catholic clergy and child sex abuse
- The Benefits of Team Sport to Promote Social Inclusion amongst the Disadvantaged