Amanda Montell explores the intersection between language and feminism, and how minorites can wield power through language.
In Amirah Al Wassif’s poem, she captures the cadence of many women’s voices and unites them all with a sense of resilience and hope.
What are the consequences of help? A_tistic’s new performance Helping Hands explores the ways in which ‘help’ can leave scars on those with disabilities.
On Violence creates a conversation about violence as a national emergency and what needs to be done to prevent it.
How can we bring together people, who appear to be increasingly divided, be it along geographical, ideological, national, religious or cultural boundaries, to achieve global sustainability, equity, and enhance human rights?
“2019 is the UN Year of Indigenous Languages. The UN’s action plan is calling on states to legislate support for Indigenous language maintenance.”
Joel Wright, Gunditjmara descendant and traditional owner
- This one weird old fat joke will make you disappear completely
- Genesis 1:26-28 and Environmental Rights
- Private prisons in Australia: our 20 year trial
- Where do (surrogate) babies come from? Surrogacy as human rights violation
- Encountering modern slavery in Lebanon