This creative work argues that it’s time to change the violence of offshore detention.
Indigenous voices from across the globe hit Sydney’s screens in the 2017 WINDA Film Festival. We review two films from the program that will make you think.
Amal Awad’s book, Beyond Veiled Clichés, invites the wider community to listen to, and connect with, the voices of Arab women.
Writer John Bartlett asks if different decisions could lead to a more hopeful world.
Anne Manne examines the culture within the Catholic Church that allowed the ongoing sexual abuse of children.
“Back in those days, they were entitled to think of paedophilia as simply a sin you could repent of.”
Cardinal George Pell
- Art & Prisons in Queensland
- Catholic clergy and child sex abuse
- Private prisons in Australia: our 20 year trial
- The Benefits of Team Sport to Promote Social Inclusion amongst the Disadvantaged
- Atrocities and war crimes in Myanmar: here’s what we know