Joseph Gleeson is a writer and painter from Melbourne. He is interested in identity and displacement, in how melancholia and loss present as a result of migration. In his work, he asks what constitutes nationhood? What enshrines citizenship? The poem, ‘beside the glass Coolamon, inside a sheepish cabinet’, is his first published piece of writing as a new writer.
- Genesis 1:26-28 and Environmental Rights
- This one weird old fat joke will make you disappear completely
- Call them what they are: Australia’s concentration camps
- It’s Always Stage 4 in Locked Mental Health Wards
- When Justice Fails – Wrongful Convictions in Australia