Gary is currently a sessional lecturer in Creative Arts at Deakin University. He has had his short fiction, poetry and feature articles published in a variety of national newspapers, anthologies, journals and magazines, has twice won Verandah literary journal’s national poetry prize, and was shortlisted for the Alan Marshall Short Story Award (residents’ section). Gary has also been a guest performer at the Melbourne Writers Festival, the Shrine of Remembrance (Melbourne), La Mama Poetica, and events such as the Montsalvat Poetry Festival.
- Genesis 1:26-28 and Environmental Rights
- It’s Always Stage 4 in Locked Mental Health Wards
- What happens when a remote Aboriginal community in Western Australia is ‘closed’?
- Why did Australia abolish birthright citizenship?
- A Source of Shame: Australia’s Failure to Uphold the Human Rights of Refugees