Guido Melo is an Afro-Brazilian-Latinx multilingual author and poet based in Naarm (Melbourne). Currently undertaking a Bachelor of Arts in Writing & Digital Media at Victoria University, his words can be found in Peril Magazine, Ascension Magazine, SBS Voices, SBS Portuguese, Cordite, Mantissa Poetry, Voz Limpia, Alma Preta Jornalismo and Guia Negro News. Guido is a member of the Sweatshop Literacy Movement, a columnist for Negrê and a contributor to Growing Up African in Australia (Black Inc., 2019) and Racism: Stories on Fear, Hate & Bigotry (Sweatshop, 2021).
- Genesis 1:26-28 and Environmental Rights
- Call them what they are: Australia’s concentration camps
- When Justice Fails – Wrongful Convictions in Australia
- This one weird old fat joke will make you disappear completely
- It’s Always Stage 4 in Locked Mental Health Wards