The December edition of Right Now Radio is a full as a Christmas stocking with interviews, musical treats and Ben’s daggy gags.
The crew chat with Professor Chris Cunneen about a recent report on legal needs for Aboriginal people in Victoria, catch up with Laura Vines about fighting violence against women in PNG (including with a song competition!), and hear from Janet Wight about proposed reforms to Queensland’s criminal justice system and the potential impacts on young people. Plus there’s the usual wrap of website news and a look at upcoming Human Rights Week events.
Want to know more about something you heard in the podcast? Just follow the links:
- The Civil and Family Law Needs of Indigenous People in Victoria report (or check out an animated summary on the Indigenous Legal Needs Project website)
- Why Do Some Men Use Violence Against Women and How Can We Stop It? study
- Queensland Government Discussion Paper on youth justice reforms
- Rachel Ball’s recent report on effective storytelling
- Make Poverty History Film Competition
- Human Rights Day Speeches on Dec 10
- Human Rights Day awards 2013
- Ev’s suggested Xmas gift: Key of Sea Gift Packs (and Sonia Nair’s review of the album)