Right Now is an independent not-for-profit media organisation focused on human rights issues in Australia. Our work begins with the belief that creating a positive, rights-respecting culture in Australia begins with the flow of information.
An Australia where people have informed and inspired discussions about human rights, equality and justice.
We aim to:
- Promote understanding of human rights issues through publishing stories that are accessible and engaging.
- Inform public debate with fact-based and jargon-free analysis.
- Produce credible and responsible content through transparency and editorial rigor.
- Foster artistic expression. Art can broach difficult topics, particularly when arguments seem to entrench long-held beliefs.
- Support a diverse range of voices. We are committed to inclusive and ethical storytelling.
- Provide a forum for insightful discussion. We are curious about fresh perspectives and encourage informed debate.
Right Now is produced largely on the lands of the Wurundjeri people of the Kulin nation, and we pay our respects to their elders past, present and emerging.