Sophie Leaver studied law at the University of Edinburgh, Scotland. She has since worked as a legal caseworker at the AIRE Centre, a London-based charity providing legal assistance in areas of human rights and European Union law. She has also worked as a research assistant at a children’s rights network, focusing on the application of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child in the West African region. Most recently she worked as a legal assistant on death row cases at the Mississippi Office of Capital Post Conviction Counsel.
- Private prisons in Australia: our 20 year trial
- The Economic Cost of Our Asylum Seeker Policy
- Women in the Institutions of the Law
- Offshore detention is central to Nauru’s move against press freedom
- Shaun Tan – a small collection