Sandra Renew’s poetry expresses her opinions on the state of the world. She wonders who sleeps at night? Who is lucky enough to live in safety and peace? Her poetry is informed by her many years working in war zones, in Indigenous communities and on the fringes of heterosexuality. Her poetry comments on contemporary issues and questions: war, language, environment, climate and the planet’s health, translation, dislocation, migration, terrorism, border crossings, dissent, gender, protest, human rights, freedoms.
- Cultural appropriation in food
- Prevention, not punishment is key to reducing Indigenous youth detention
- Game Changers: From Minecraft to Misogyny
- Does government spying violate human rights law?
- The Benefits of Team Sport to Promote Social Inclusion amongst the Disadvantaged