Omar Sakr is an Arab Australian poet whose work has featured in Meanjin, Overland, Cordite Poetry Review, The Guardian, The Saturday Paper, and Junkee among many others. He has been shortlisted for the Judith Wright Poetry Prize for New and Emerging Poets, as well as the ACU Poetry Prize.
- Private prisons in Australia: our 20 year trial
- The Economic Cost of Our Asylum Seeker Policy
- Women in the Institutions of the Law
- Offshore detention is central to Nauru’s move against press freedom
- Family Violence and the Impact of Recent Amendments to the Family Law Act