Luke Bodley is a writer and artist residing in Sydney. He has always been interested in combining poetics with internet and artworld iconography to explore the complex intersections of ‘self’ and ‘world’. Using his own queerness and multiraciality as a starting point, he penned a personal poem and worked with Matthew Vandeputte to conceptualise an accompanying film. Through the line that echoes in the film’s final moments, “Listen lovingly to difference”, Luke aims to empower and enrich all those who defy and demonise difference, both their own and others’. All people should enjoy and revel in the messy medley that is humanity.
- Where do (surrogate) babies come from? Surrogacy as human rights violation
- Genesis 1:26-28 and Environmental Rights
- How representative is our parliament?
- Private prisons in Australia: our 20 year trial
- The Economic Cost of Our Asylum Seeker Policy