Laura Kenny is a PhD candidate in creative writing at Queensland University of Technology who writes poetry and prose. Her autobiographical fiction has been shortlisted for the Josephine Ulrick Literature Prize and published in The Review of Australian Fiction. Her research is concerned with representations of childhood trauma in contemporary Australian realist fiction, with a particular focus on how the experience of childhood trauma affects a character’s sense of place.
- Cultural appropriation in food
- Prevention, not punishment is key to reducing Indigenous youth detention
- Nowhere to go – older women and housing vulnerability
- Please resist me by Luka Lesson
- Aboriginal Women in the Australian Prison System