Laura Jean McKay is the author of Holiday in Cambodia (Black Ink), a short story collection that explores the electric zone where local and foreign lives meet. Her writing has been published in The Best Australian Stories, The Big Issue, Women of Letters, Going Down Swinging and The Lifted Brow. She is a PhD candidate at the University of Melbourne and the recipient of a Martin Bequest Traveling Scholarship 2014.
- Private prisons in Australia: our 20 year trial
- The Economic Cost of Our Asylum Seeker Policy
- Does Australia need tougher cyberbullying legislation?
- Women in the Institutions of the Law
- Offshore detention is central to Nauru’s move against press freedom