Gary is currently a sessional lecturer in Creative Arts at Deakin University. He has had his short fiction, poetry and feature articles published in a variety of national newspapers, anthologies, journals and magazines, has twice won Verandah literary journal’s national poetry prize, and was shortlisted for the Alan Marshall Short Story Award (residents’ section). Gary has also been a guest performer at the Melbourne Writers Festival, the Shrine of Remembrance (Melbourne), La Mama Poetica, and events such as the Montsalvat Poetry Festival.
- Encountering modern slavery in Lebanon
- Genesis 1:26-28 and Environmental Rights
- This one weird old fat joke will make you disappear completely
- The Australian media’s silence on Palestine is deafening.
- Private prisons in Australia: our 20 year trial