Gary is currently a sessional lecturer in Creative Arts at Deakin University. He has had his short fiction, poetry and feature articles published in a variety of national newspapers, anthologies, journals and magazines, has twice won Verandah literary journal’s national poetry prize, and was shortlisted for the Alan Marshall Short Story Award (residents’ section). Gary has also been a guest performer at the Melbourne Writers Festival, the Shrine of Remembrance (Melbourne), La Mama Poetica, and events such as the Montsalvat Poetry Festival.
- Where do (surrogate) babies come from? Surrogacy as human rights violation
- Genesis 1:26-28 and Environmental Rights
- How representative is our parliament?
- Private prisons in Australia: our 20 year trial
- The Economic Cost of Our Asylum Seeker Policy