Ellen van Neerven is an award-winning Indigenous Australian writer. Her first book, Heat and Light (UQP, 2014), was the recipient of the David Unaipon Award and and the Dobbie Literary Award. Heat and Light was also short-listed for The Stella Prize and in the NSW Premier’s Literary Awards. Her writing has also appeared in publications such as McSweeney’s, Review of Australian Fiction, Overland, Frankie Magazine, The Lifted Brow, Meanjin, Ora Nuiand Mascara Literary Review.
- Genesis 1:26-28 and Environmental Rights
- This one weird old fat joke will make you disappear completely
- Encountering modern slavery in Lebanon
- Please resist me by Luka Lesson
- Private prisons in Australia: our 20 year trial