Ellen van Neerven is an award-winning Indigenous Australian writer. Her first book, Heat and Light (UQP, 2014), was the recipient of the David Unaipon Award and and the Dobbie Literary Award. Heat and Light was also short-listed for The Stella Prize and in the NSW Premier’s Literary Awards. Her writing has also appeared in publications such as McSweeney’s, Review of Australian Fiction, Overland, Frankie Magazine, The Lifted Brow, Meanjin, Ora Nuiand Mascara Literary Review.
- The abstraction of privilege
- Catholic clergy and child sex abuse
- Would Peter Dutton pass his own citizenship test?
- Nowhere to go – older women and housing vulnerability
- Does government spying violate human rights law?