Ellen van Neerven is an award-winning Indigenous Australian writer. Her first book, Heat and Light (UQP, 2014), was the recipient of the David Unaipon Award and and the Dobbie Literary Award. Heat and Light was also short-listed for The Stella Prize and in the NSW Premier’s Literary Awards. Her writing has also appeared in publications such as McSweeney’s, Review of Australian Fiction, Overland, Frankie Magazine, The Lifted Brow, Meanjin, Ora Nuiand Mascara Literary Review.
- Cultural appropriation in food
- Prevention, not punishment is key to reducing Indigenous youth detention
- Game Changers: From Minecraft to Misogyny
- Does government spying violate human rights law?
- The Benefits of Team Sport to Promote Social Inclusion amongst the Disadvantaged